Wise Weeds Botanicals

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tarot Readings at The Office in Urbana, IL

If you are one of my "friends" at myspace, or have looked at my weekly calendar, you already know I'm reading tarot cards at The Office in Urbana, IL on Tuesday nights, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Wasn't sure about going in the night BEFORE 4th of July, just because I figured a lot of folks might be at fireworks and all.

Well, I enjoyed myself tremendously AND I think the people who came in for readings had a blast, too! It was well worth showing up on July 3rd.

The Office is a cool place to do reads because it's casual, without being raunchy, the food is good and the service is friendly. So there's a fair amount of joking with the "regulars," however, anyone can feel at home there.

Also, if someone comes in for a reading and has to wait, not only is there good food to choose from, with some dinner and drink specials, but there are also two pool tables and four dart boards available. This is a fairly large venue, so you don't feel like people are breathing down your neck (unless you want to line up at the bar!).

It's also a nonsmokers' delight. If you are a smoker, there are tables outside where smoking is allowed.

While I really had fun, I also do take reading for people seriously, in the sense that I do read what the cards say and how intuition inspires me at the moment. Everyone was very nice, and most, but not all, were "virgins," that is, my reading for them was their first. Hopefully that first experience will encourage them to seek out more guidance for themselves in the future.

If you're thinking of coming out for a read, make sure you sign up on the sign up sheet at the bar. At one point, we got a little backed up. We're not real formal, and one fellow had JUST had his dinner arrive, so I read someone else while he ate and it all worked out fine.

It's best to arrive BEFORE 9 p.m. for a reading, although the last couple of weeks I have stayed beyond 9 p.m. Pretty much, if I'm up to it, I will read until everyone has had their "turn" so to speak.

Hope to see you there, in spirit if not in person.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home